Sanctify (make holy) yourselves therefore, and be ye holy; for I am Jehovah your God. Leviticus 20:7 ASV
"Follow after peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no man shall see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14 ASV
"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14 KJV
Sanctification (ASV) is another choice of word instead of holiness (KJV), depending on the translators of the Greek text, as shown by the rendering of Hebrews 12:14 by KJV and ASV.
Sanctification or holiness is a command from Yehoshua (Jesus) Messiah YAHWEH in Leviticus 20:7 and elsewhere, to the Israelites in the wilderness and, by extension, to all the believers in Him, to become holy, to become saint.
Note that the command to become holy or to sanctify ourselves does not in any way say that Yehoshua (Jesus) Messiah YAHWEH will make us holy or sanctify us without us participating in the holiness (sanctification) process.
It is obvious that the Israelites were not all sanctified or made holy by God because Yehoshua (Jesus) Messiah YAHWEH killed a whole generation of males 20 years old and up because of disobedience and unbelief.
A holy being does not disobey.
Hence, the holiness (sanctification) command requires that we do take actions to become holy (saint). The holiness or sanctification command does not indicate that men can never be holy, as the deacons (ministers) of Satan currently preaching and teaching.
Leviticus 20:7 KJV
(7) Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
HOW DOES SOMEONE BECOME HOLY? Yehoshua (Jesus) Messiah YAHWEH said how.
Numbers 15:40 KJV
(40) That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.
Holiness or sanctification is not unattainable and does not imply that once we become holy by keeping all the commandments of Yehoshua (Jesus) Messiah YAHWEH, we no longer need Him as our Savior and Redeemer.
The truth is that Yehoshua (Jesus) Messiah YAHWEH wants us to be holy and gives us the means to become holy because God is holy and does not listen to sinners (Leviticus 19:2, John 9:31, Isaiah 1:2-20).
Leviticus 19:1-2 KJV
(1) And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
(2) Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.
John 9:31 KJV
(31) Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
1 Peter 1:13-16 KJV
(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
THE IMPORTANCE OF HOLINESS (SANCTIFICATION)
Know ye not, that to whom ye present yourselves as servants unto obedience, his servants ye are whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16 ASV
I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye presented your members as servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity, even so now present your members as servants to righteousness unto sanctification [holiness]. Romans 6:19 ASV
But now being made free from sin and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto sanctification [holiness], and the end eternal life. Romans 6:22 ASV